- current matriculation in Medical Council/Board
- must be qualified psychiatrists or interns/house doctors with six validated semesters in psychiatry (thesis mandatory for some countries)
- 3 months minimum
- english proficiency (B2 level)
- literate in Arabic is considered an asset
- mastery of IT tools for team and data management
- management or training experience prefered
- clinical training or experience in babies, children and adolescents
- clinical training or experience in trauma
- trans-cultural clinical training an asset
MSF IS URGENTLY LOOKING FOR PSYCHIATRISTS FOR ITS FIELD PROJECTS.
We offer diverse psychology and psychiatry activities depending on programme types and contexts: programmes integrated into hospital activities, psychiatric and psychological consultations, programmes offering specific care for trauma (conflicts, sexual violence) and certain diseases (tuberculosis, AIDS) or under-aged children.
Generally speaking the work is mostly clinical. It also calls for local team coordination and training via mentorship and support. Ready to work within multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary teams. In most programmes, local teams (usually psychologists) ensure the continuity of care. Expatriate psychiatrics are in charge of:
providing individual clinical consultations, psychiatric,
participating or organising the group's therapeutic or psycho-pedagogical activities,
supporting the programme and the team by suggesting improvements in line with MSF's objectives and strategies,
coordinating the team's efforts by developing and/or improving working tools if required,
identifying national staff training needs and organises sessions in the areas identified,
organising patient referrals to adequate local facilities if needed.
Often mental health teams are composed of a pair psychologist / psychiatrist. These activities are only examples and obviously depend on the missions.
News related to this job