- experience as operating theatre nurse and OT diploma is an asset
- 4 years of professional experience (excluding internships) in this function
- the operating theatre nurse must have a recent professional experience of at least 4 years as a circulating nurse, but also as a scrub nurse in a multidisciplinary operating room, without a career gap of more than 1 year
- 1 to 6 months
- a significant portion of our missions are English-speaking. The minimum level of English required is A2 on the CECREL grid
- analytical skills
- organizational skills
- able to synthesize and take the initiative
- management and/or training experience preferred.
- ready to work in crises contexts and within multi-cultural, multi-discipline teams
- previous experience in the field within an NGO is an asset
The operating theatre nurse is responsible for organizing and managing healthcare, staff and material in the operating theatre, the recovery room and the sterilisation room.
coordinates, organises and plans activities in the operating theatre, the recovery room and the sterilisation room,
guarantees the quality of healthcare within the service (care protocols, patient and staff security, medical prescriptions followed, etc.),
undertakes the scrub nurse role and any other role needed in the operating theatre, participate in the surgical team duty roster (24/7),
supervises, manages and trains staff in the operating theatre, the recovery room and the sterilisation room,
implements and ensures adherence to hygiene procedures in the operating theatre and the sterilising room (clean/dirty circuits, cleaning and disinfecting the premises),
takes responsibility for theatre supply in terms of medicines, medical materials, equipment and consumable items (orders, inventories, stock management, maintenance),
organises, collects and analyses data on surgical activity and contributes to drafting the mission's medical reports.
News related to this job