- reconstructive plastic surgery or orthopedic surgery with expertise in burn and / or hand surgery
- specialist in the repair and restoration of injured, damaged, dysfunctional portions of the body
- current matriculation to medical council
- 2 years of experience following internship.
- Strong surgical skills in reconstructive surgery
- Expertise in burn treatments and microsurgery.
- For some of our interventions, proven experience in pediatric surgery
- 2 weeks minimum
- knowledge of English and / or Arabic preferred
- strong interest in coaching, training and transfering skills
- able to work in multicultural and multidisciplinary teams
The surgeon is responsible for surgical procedures and postoperative surgical care, in accordance with MSF protocols.
They work closely with all the staff in the OT and interact with doctors and nurses in emergency, intensive care, surgery and possibly other medical services. They provide supervision and ensure the ongoing training of the surgical team. They report to the medical referent, the hospital director or the project coordinator according to the organization of the program.
The humanitarian surgery practiced by MSF on the ground for more than 40 years exists in the majority of the cases in contexts of war. It has constantly evolved, developing solutions that are better adapted to the realities of the field and incorporating ever more demanding standards of medical practice.
In 2016, surgeons in the French section of MSF performed more than 37,000 procedures.
Burnt and plastic surgery of the hand are done in Haiti, Jordan and the Palestinian Territories.
Médecins Sans Frontières began treating burn victims in 2007 in collaboration with a team of specialists from the Edouard Herriot burnt center in Lyon.
The burns represent 30% of our surgical activity. Improving our multidisciplinary management of burnt patients remains a priority for MSF.
News related to this job