- holds a midwifery diploma
- 2 years minimum (excluding internship experience)
- solid experience in the management of high risk pregnancies and complex deliveries
- management or training experience preferred
- 6 months minimum
- comfortable in English: ¾ of our missions are English-speaking. Level B1 required
- able to work in multicultural and multidisciplinary teams
Midwifes have technical experience in the fields of obstetrics and gynaecology. They play an essential role in MSF's mother and child healthcare programmes. They can work in health centres, dispensaries or hospitals.
Over and above maternity-associated activities (ante, per and post natal healthcare), midwifes can be involved in the gynaecology field (sexually transmitted diseases, miscarriages, abortions, sexual violence, etc.). They will be in charge of the following activities:
manage a team and supervise the maternity department's organization,
intervene in the decision-taking process for medical and obstetric (extractions, caesareans, transfers, etc.) cases and provide technical interventions (episiotomy suture, breach delivery, etc.)
monitor the quality of healthcare, adherence to hygiene procedures and understanding of and adherence to medical prescriptions.
supervise activities in the maternity department, both in terms of organisation (departmental rounds, planning, organising meetings, etc.) and management (patient admission and transfer, statistical monitoring, orders for materials and medicines, etc.)
manage the healthcare team, define job profiles, recruit, evaluate skills, organise training sessions, etc.
News related to this job