- Medical Doctor or Nurse or Midwife diploma - Essential
- Postgraduate master´s degree/diploma in Public Health or Tropical Medicine is a strong asset
- Minimum 2 years of clinical experience post diploma
- Minimum 2 years of additional experience with International NGO in different contexts
- Minimum 1 year experience as a similar position in medical activities management
- Management of multidisciplinary team in multicultural context.
- Analytical and organizational skills.
- Data collection and reporting.
- Essential computer literacy (Excel, Word, Outlook and Internet).
- Experience in collaborating/negotiating with local health authorities and other health actors.
- Knowledge of MSF Charter.
- Minimum 6 months
- English is mandatory (> B2)
- French is an asset
Willingness and ability to work and live in other cultural environmentsApply for a job
The Project Medical Referent participates in defining, planning and monitoring medical activities and programs in the project in accordance with MSF's protocols. He/She coordinates human and material related resources needed in order to ensure the quality of care provided by MSF.
In collaboration with the Project Coordinator and the rest of team, the Medical Coordinator and the Ministry of Health partners, defines, implements and monitors medical activities, according to MSF project plans, standards and protocols.
The Project Medical Referent:
Participes in he development of the project policy, annual plan, budget review and project proposal and reports to donors.
Coordinates, supervises, coache and provides technical support to the medical team members to improve the medical components of the project and ensure compliance with MSF protocols and standards as well as MoH protocols.
Plans and supervises, in close coordination with the Project Coordinator, the associated processes of the medical staff of the project (recruitment, training, induction, performance evaluation, development and internal / external communication) in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required and improve staff capabilities.
Ensures regular contact with MoH and other local medical actors.
Is responsible for the medical data collection, analysis and reporting to the Medical Coordination in the capital in order to ensure a proper monitoring of the program.
Participates in exploratory missions, situation assessments (defining medical operational priorities when needed).
Supervises an efficient management of the MSF field pharmacy and medical equipment. In collaboration with the project Pharmacist, monitors consumption and preparation of medical orders to provide drugs, medical materials, medical devices and consumables and avoid stock shortage.
Implements the health policy for international and national staff, providing all prophylactic and preventive necessary measures, structures and emergency plans, managing any medical evacuation in order to ensure MSF staff health.