Médecins sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian, organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters, and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender, or political affiliation.
Médecins sans Frontières seeks for its field position:
Head of Mission/Project Coordinator- Bangladesh
MSF Operational Centre Paris (OCP) is providing assistance to 200,000 Rohingya refugees in Cox’s Bazar. The delivery of medical assistance comprises inpatients activities (40 beds hospital) and outpatients’ activities (primary health care, hepatitis C screening, diagnosis and treatment, non-communicable diseases, mental health and psycho social support…).
The main objectives are to improve the quality of care, to develop the current activities and to monitor the context while seeking for operational opportunities.
Four MSF sections are working in Bangladesh under the coordination of an intersectional country representative promoting collaboration, harmonization, and efficiencies between sections.
MSF is recruiting a Head of Mission/ Project Coordinator who will be responsible for the implementation of all programming of OCP in Bangladesh. The Head of Mission/Project Coordinator works directly in the project and will be responsible for:
- Leading and managing the mission.
- Representing MSF OCP at the intersection platform.
- Ensuring geopolitical, security and humanitarian context analysis, and propose adaptation of the mission according to identified needs and in communication with the other MSF sections.
- Representing MSF and liaising with local authorities and stakeholders.
- Ensuring acceptance and understanding of MSF`s interventions and principles.
- Being responsible for the smooth running of the mission toward set objectives, ensuring HR, material and finances are used in an optimum way according to MSF policies.
- Balancing Project Coordinator duties with Head of Mission duties, along with the relationships.
- Organizing reporting and advocacy & communication activities.
University degree or post graduate degree. Particularly in medicine, public health or paramedical or the field of international relations is a plus.
Previous experience of at least three years in humanitarian assistance in developing countries, preferably in management positions in MSF or other NGOs.
English C1-C2 -Local language an Asset
- Strategic vision
• Leadership and strong management skills
• Cultural adaptation
- Patience and reactivity always
• Strong negotiation skills
• Ease/interest for communication/advocacy
• Good listening capacities (consulting/involving team) and support/capacity building approach with field and coordination members
Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
Terms of employment:
- Intermission if less than 12 months
- LTA (1 yr+)
Reports to (Hierarchical): Direct management of the:
Logistic Coordinator/Logistics Team Leader, Medical Coordinator/ Project Medical Referent, HR coordinator/ HR admin, Financial Coordinator/Fin admin
Reports to (Functional): Head of the Cell 7
Location: Cox’s Bazaar-Bangladesh
Department: OCP Operations Department
Duration: 9-12 months
Starting date: As soon as possible
This job description is subject to change depending on activities of the Mission.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.