Toutes les offres | All employment opportunities
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Specialist M/W
Opened in October 2017, Baghdad Medical Rehabilitation Center (BMRC) is unique of its kind in Iraq. The gap in orthopedic rehabilitation MSF identified 5 years ago , still present today.
It is a sole MSF project( OutPatient & In-Patient) working in close collaboration with a certain number of Ministry Of Health (MOH) orthopedic surgeons who refer patients to BMRC. The first two years(2018-2019) were focused on anchoring the project. COVID-19 slowed down the project’s vision.Currently the project has Outpaitent department while the Inpatient has been closed and decentralised into MOH hospitals. The Decentralisation is part of the project’s capacity building to enchance practices linked to the early rehabilitation to prevent any post operation complications.
The specialized rehab doctor is part of a multidisciplinary team and expected to provide technical contribution to the development of staff and the project.
- With the Medical team leader, ensuring capacity development of the medical/ paramedical team on subjects around rehabilitation care and orthopedics according to evidence based medicine and in line with MSF standards and procedures.
- Supervising and ensuring the achievement of patient’s goals and treatment plan related to rehabilitation care.
- Ensure implementation of MSF early rehabilitation guidelines and way forward to implement it at the different levels when its accessible/feasible.
- Supporting the team in external networking and decentralization of BMRC concept to surgical departments in the public hospitals by providing technical expertise and promoting the medical concept of BMRC. For example, providing lectures on early rehabilitation to MOH surgeons.
- Proposing quality improvement projects to take the BMRC up to the next level in term of quality of care and qualitative indicators.
- In collaboration with the physiotherapy manager, create the learning content for physio students who may start to do a short internship rotation in BMRC.
Analysis and reporting
- Participating to the reflection on the project’s orientation, potential evolution of admission criteria, for an optimal adequation between rehabilitation needs and BMRC care offer.
- Based on the data analysis make observations and recommendations in collaboration to the Medical team leader.
- The orthopaedic rehabilitation manual is used in BMRC but also in capacity building in MOH hospitals.
- Each patient ( OPD) has a realistic physio goals set from admission and a treatment plan adopted. These goals and treatment plan must be adjusted as the patient is progressing and new medical information are becoming available.
- A consensus is reached with all managers on qualitative indicators of the project in order to:
- document the good work BMRC team is doing.
- demonstrate the impact and benefits on patients of early orthopaedic rehabilitation in reducing long term psychological and physical impairment. This demonstration will serve as advocacy document to the Iraqi Ministry of Health.
- These qualitative indicators are implemented, analysed and acted upon.
- A final capacity building follows up tool exist for both our staff, MOH staff and the physio students: topic covered + next topics + methodology.
- An advocacy folder containing patient stories and demonstration of impact and benefits of early rehabilitation exists.
Qualifications: Medical Doctor with specialization in rehabilitation.
Experience: Minimum of one year working experience in the field of rehabilitation. Experience in orthopedic rehabilitation is a plus.
Languages: English is the language of the mission. Knowledge of Arabic is a plus.
Ability to work with multidisciplinary and Multicultural team, Ability to listen, Diplomacy, motivation, tolerance, capacity to work in a team.
Terms of employment:
Reports to: Reports to (Hierarchical): Medical team leader
Reports to (Functional): Medical team leader
Department: OCP Operations Department
Duration: 3-6 months
Starting date: As soon as possible
MSF tient à la protection des données personnelles de ses membres, de ses salariés et des personnes souhaitant rejoindre l’association. Les données collectées lors de cette candidature seront strictement transmises, pour un traitement équitable et de qualité, aux personnes intervenant dans le processus de recrutement, quel que soit l’endroit où se trouve la structure MSF à laquelle elles appartiennent. Pour plus d’informations sur la façon dont sont traités vos données et vos droits, veuillez consulter notre politique de confidentialité.Postuler à cette offre