Médecins Sans Frontières is an international independent medical-humanitarian organization, which offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
MSF is a civil society initiative that brings together individuals committed to the assistance of other human beings in crisis. As such MSF is by choice an association. Each individual working with MSF does it out of conviction and is ready to uphold the values and principles of MSF.
The MSF movement is built around five operational centres supported by MSF’s 21 sections, 24 associations and other offices together worldwide. MSF Operational Centre Paris one of those directorates. The operations are implemented by field teams and the mission coordination teams; together with the organizational units based in Barcelona, Athens and decentralised in Nairobi, Dakar and Amman. The field operations are guided and supported by 5 Operational Cells, the Emergency Unit and other departments supporting operations. MSF OCBA acts as the hosting directorate for TEMBO to support the MSF movement.
TEMBO (https://tembo.msf.org) is a digital learning ecosystem used across the organization, mutualizing efforts, gaining efficiency across MSF entities, and providing a space for all MSF Staff to learn, develop themselves and share knowledge. It contains learning activities such as courses, quick videos and exercises, job-ads, learning communities, and many other professional development resources.
In January 2017, MSF Operational Centre Barcelona (OCBA) was awarded 4.2 million Euros from MSF Transformational Investment Capacity (TIC) funds to provide MSF workers with personal learning and development environments. After almost four years of investments developing the grounds of the project and learning from the initial pilots, the program is in the middle of the phase of adoption and scaling-up the use of TEMBO in all operational centres and their field projects as well as improving the current system’s qualities and features while consolidating the Tembo Shared Services operational model.
OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION
The MSF-Tembo Shared Service eLearning officer, working under the supervisor of the TEMBO Shared Service Manager, is responsible for giving support in the design and development of learning solutions, always looking at providing creative and best quality services that meet MSF Movement learning needs.
A large piece of this work will include generating new e-learning solutions, adapted to the needs of MSF projects and field staff. This involves engaging all the steps of the learning cycle, including learning needs analysis, solutions design, product development, testing and implementation. This work implies regular contact with internal stakeholders and external providers. The size and diversity of projects engaged is quite wide.
The e-Learning Officer is placed in the Tembo Shared Services, in the area of Content and reports to the Shared Services Manager.
Learning Development and Implementation
- Participates as instructional designer within a multidisciplinary working team
- Participates in the definition of user needs using different methodologies
- Collaborates in having always user information to be able to adapt learning solutions
- Supports design and development of learning materials and resources
- Participates in the selection of the best learning technology or solution that best fits learning goals (taking into account both pedagogical and technological matters)
- Participates actively in the production of learning material of different type (videos, SCORM objects, documents, images, infographics and others
- Integrates learning material into the TEMBO Digital Learning Ecosystem
- Develop the rapid prototype and programmed working model upon which the final product is based
- Participates in the maintenance and update of ongoing learning solutions
- Use and maintain design documents, course content and lists of media elements
- In collaboration with team members and stakeholders designs innovative learning products and services
- Carries out research on different topics such as learning approaches, evaluation methods, virtual and online simulations, etc.
- Manages the Tembo e-learning platform for the creation or modification of courses
- Some contents can be subcontracted to external providers (videos, graphics), ensuring adequate pricing and the fulfilment of deliverables in time and with the expected quality.
- Participates in the creation of resources to improve the development of learning materials, such as trainings, guidelines, tools or templates.
- Works closely with Tembo – MSF internal partners in order to support them in the different stages of the learning development and implementation process
- Works very close to the subject matter expert in the definition of learning materials and resources
- Evaluates learning actions effectiveness considering the different indicators defined at different levels: Service, Learning Action, etc.
Education and experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Educational Psychology, Pedagogy, Educational or Learning Sciences or e-learning related fields.
- Experience carrying out e-learning projects and similar tasks described above
- Highly skilled in the use of technological tools that can be used for educational purposes.
- Experience in designing and implementing training strategies
- Solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in learning environment development, MOOC´s and/or keeping up-to-date with latest eLearning Trends in the industry
- Experience in working for a diverse, non-technical, and geographically spread organization
- Experience in Agile Methodologies, Design Thinking and UX is an asset
- English as working language, French and Spanish desirable
- Good command of Moodle, Totara/Mahara, Microsoft Office and/or Open Office
- Desirable knowledge of best practices frameworks and standard design methodologies: SCRUM, Agile, Design Thinking, etc.
- SCORM content production and editing technician with Articulate Storyline, including creation of Storyline, Vyond animations and editing and export in several languages.
- H5P content production and edition
- HTML basic knowledge
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- An understanding of the principles and practice of user centered design/product development
- Commitment to MSF’s Principles
- Cross-cultural Awareness
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Service Orientation
- Planning and Organization
- Initiative and Innovation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Position based in any MSF-OCBA Hub (Barcelona, MSF-Spain office delegations, Amman, Dakar or Nairobi) or France. Final location will be subject to the employability of the preselected candidate (residency, work permit,etc.).
- Full time work
- Commitment of 1-year, potential extension
- Annual gross salary: HQ-3A (divided into 12 monthly payments) + secondary benefits based on MSF OCBA Reward Policy.
- Starting date: immediately
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply, please follow the link below and submit your CV and cover letter : https://careers.msf-applications.org/job/TEMBO-E-LEARNING-OFFICER-OCP-FOCAL-POINT-%28BASED-IN-ANY-MSF-OCBA-HUB-OR-FRANCE%29/738861002/
- Closing date: January 30th, 2022, 23:59 CET (Central European Time).
MSF is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, race, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. We are committed to achieving a balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. MSF provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. MSF does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo reference checks.
Médecins Sans Frontieres, as a responsible employer, under article 38 of “Ley de Integración Social del Minusválido de 1982 (LISMI)” invite those persons with a recognized disability and with an interest in the humanitarian area to apply for the above-mentioned position.
MSF tient à la protection des données personnelles de ses membres, de ses salariés et des personnes souhaitant rejoindre l’association. Les données collectées lors de cette candidature seront strictement transmises, pour un traitement équitable et de qualité, aux personnes intervenant dans le processus de recrutement, quel que soit l’endroit où se trouve la structure MSF à laquelle elles appartiennent. Pour plus d’informations sur la façon dont sont traités vos données et vos droits, veuillez consulter notre politique de confidentialité.