Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian aid organization that provides assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or manmade disasters and to victims of armed conflicts, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. The French section of MSF implements programs in thirty-three countries.
We are currently looking for a Head of HR and Support Services in Dubai.
The Head of Human resources and Support Services oversees the organization and management of human, financial and logistics resources required for the achievement of MSF UAE mission. He contributes to the definition and execution of MSF UAE strategic orientations in strict alignment with the operational and institutional needs or the organization, and he/she leads the HR and Support Services team.
General management of the UAE Regional Office:
- Participates in the definition of MSF UAE objectives, goals and strategies in close collaboration with the management team of the office.
- Contributes in planning, budgeting and forecasting of MSF UAE programs and activities.
- Leads the design and implementation of the HR & support services strategic and operational plans.
- Supports the deployment and maintenance of knowledge management and internal communication frameworks for the UAE Management.
- Participates in the development and deployment of staff engagement initiatives.
- Advises the management team on HR and other topics related to his/her area of expertise and responsibility.
- Anticipates and accompanies changes for the UAE office team whenever it is required.
- Promotes subsidiarity, reflexivity, agility, staff resilience and staff empowerment and core managerial concepts for the UAE office.
Office management and domestic HR:
- Oversee the daily management of MSF UAE premises, facilities and assets.
- Ensures the availability of supplies and materials require for the proper functioning of the Office.
- Provides guidance and supervision to the Office management and domestic HR team (3 to 4 FTE).
- Ensure the establishment and continuous maintenance of a healthy and sustainable working environment in the UAE Regional office.
- Facilitates the integrated, inclusive and constructive functioning of all the MSF entities, teams and individuals hosted in by UAE regional office.
- Oversees needs definition, team composition, talent acquisition and talent management processes for the UAE regional office.
- Support and coordinates the administrative management of all locally contracted staffs (hosted and locally hired).
- Supervises travel, accommodation and immigration arrangements for MSF staffs and stakeholders within the reach of the UAE regional office (mainly Dubai).
- Continuously enhances the welcoming and hosting capacities of the UAE regional office.
- Ensures the existence, understanding and proper use of adequate HR and office management policies, tools, processes, and systems.
- Ensures consistency and effectiveness in the implementation of HR and office management rules and guidelines.
Field HR and regional support to Field operations.
- In strong collaboration with the HR Direction in Paris, provides support and guidance to the Field HR team whenever it is required.
- Facilitates connexions and cooperation between the Field HR team and relevant stakeholders within and outside of the UAE Regional office (regional actors, Paris team, operational cells, etc.)
- Oversees and consolidates the monitoring and reporting of the Field HR activities.
- Constantly leverages existing and potential capabilities within the reach of the UAE office (local resources and expertise, partnerships, etc.) in order to provide the required support to field operations in the region.
Networking and international coordination.
- Proactively reaches out and builds productive relationships with functional and strategic partners of MSF UAE within his/her area of responsibility (MSF France, MSF Logistics, MSF Belgium, surrounding MSF missions, other regional offices, etc.)
- Ensures the proper follow up of international projects and dossiers that are relevant to her/his area of responsibility (Rewards review, Diversity and inclusion, international HRIS, etc.).
- Actively contributes to the coordination and steering of international HR topics through the relevant platforms (OCP HR Directors group, HR29, etc.).
- Identifies, develops and channels regional partnerships (educational institutions, professional networks, etc.) that could be very useful for the movement.
Strong experience in senior management positions within international organizations including demonstrated capacities in HR and/or general management fields.
Consolidated experience in humanitarian organizations (minimum 3 years). preferably with MSF including substantial field coordination roles (Head of mission or deputy, HR Coordinator, project coordinator).
Previous experience in the MENA Region.
Languages: Fluency in English (C1) and Arabic and/or French a plus.
Knowledge and expertise in team building, staff engagement, internal. communication and/or change management.
Strong analytical, strategic and prospective skills.
Strong knowledge of MSF movement (fields and headquarters).
Computer proficiency especially MS Office environment.
Excellent inter-personal and communication skills coupled with cross-cultural sensitivity and awareness.
Proactive, innovative, adaptable and able to achieve impactful results with limited resources and supervision.
Position based in Dubai with travels possibility in other MSF offices.
Open ended contract with 6 months probation period.
Full time position.
Gross annual salary: AED 393,936.00 + Family Benefits (Medical Insurance + Family Visa + Education for dependents).
Accommodation and Relocation Allowance for 1-Month if hired overseas.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
MSF tient à la protection des données personnelles de ses membres, de ses salariés et des personnes souhaitant rejoindre l’association. Les données collectées lors de cette candidature seront strictement transmises, pour un traitement équitable et de qualité, aux personnes intervenant dans le processus de recrutement, quel que soit l’endroit où se trouve la structure MSF à laquelle elles appartiennent. Pour plus d’informations sur la façon dont sont traités vos données et vos droits, veuillez consulter notre politique de confidentialité.Postuler à cette offre